HybridZ

LM-1 Digital AFR Meter anyone have one????

stony

I bought one in sept. and have it hooked up to my Tec2, controlling the fuel/ego.

There are several forums that have long positive reveiws going on it. One of these are a yahoo forum set up by the man himself who desighned/sells them >> http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/InnovateLM1/

OR >>http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/InnovateLM1/messages/

HERE IS A COUPLE MORE >>http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=227021&perpage=25&pagenumber=5

>>> http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/lm1.php

I talked to someone at innovate yesturday and got the info i need. just waiting on the aux 2 cable to come out so i can monitor RPM. Once that come out i should be able to turn my car into a little dyno.... without hp numbers of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I haven't seen much buz on this site from anyone buying/using this WB meter>> http://www.tuneyourengine.com

It's really about the best WB for the buck out there. I have/use it and think if anyone of you guys are thinking of buying a Wide Band AFR Meter. you should check this one out above... :2thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I recently have had use of the LM-1 for tuning a friend's car.

I have the RPM converter cable and am using the datalogging function to record data onto a laptop and make plots of TPS , MAP, RPM and AFR.

We're working on getting a rather unconventional aftermarket ECU set up - It's a Perfect Power unit that uses throttle position versus rpm maps and has a very weird (to me, anyhow) MAP scaling scheme.

The car (3.1 L28) has a big cam and 10.5:1 compression and has been a real biatch to tune for driveability.

I just got the sensor inputs set up yesterday and the LM-1 recording - looks like a big help for tuning.

The LM-1 is the best / cheapest/ easiest to use I've seen. The only negative is the packaging that doesn't lend itself to permanent mounting. However, the unit fits perfecty on a 280Z's console over the ash tray for convenient use.

Throw in the use of the cheap Bosch LSU sensor ( the NTK used by my FJO costs in excess of 200.00 now) and the superiority of Innovate's digital design, and finally, the low cost of the LM-1, IMO It's by far the best choice for WBO2s out there. So much for the "Shameless Plug."

If anyone's interested in seeing the plots let me know and I'll post.

The LM-1 is the best / cheapest/ easiest to use I've seen. The only negative is the packaging that doesn't lend itself to permanent mounting. However' date=' the unit fits perfecty on a 280Z's console over the ash tray for convenient use.

[/quote']

I know where your coming from Rick. This is what I did to My LM-1 to solve the "no where to put it" issue...

LinkPhoto?GUID=62d83ff6-3598-46b2-28f0-4ceb27157af2&size=lg

I MADE THIS 1/8 LEXAN HANGER FIRST WITHOUT A PIVOT POINT

LinkPhoto?GUID=38206381-6a4f-2bf3-7594-d5323f2cc677&size=lg

THEN I CUT AND PUT A PIVOT POINT ON IT TO WHERE IT FOLDS UP AND GOES INTO THE GLOVE BOX NICE AND COZZY

LinkPhoto?GUID=706f3a7f-271b-3f85-28b2-43fc54403dd3&size=lg

THIS MAKES IT EASY TO READ/ SEE WHILE DRIVING

LM-1 Plot

The cool thing about the LM-1 data viewing software is that you can expand the plot both horizontally and vertically, scroll left and right, and also move the cursor to any point - at which you can select which measurement's scale to display, along with the values of all the measurements.

This plot is not expanded -

For all the "data freaks" like me out there, you can really nerd out analysing stuff with this.

Joel, That's an ingenious solution for mounting.

why is that so up and down? i was expecting to see a line graph kinda like a dyno graph. Anyone download the realtime read upgrade yet?....anyway you can make an mpeg or something to link to. Im interested in how that looks even if its just at idle.

The data I recorded for this session was just several free revs with the car in nuetral to test the interface. I had to leave before I could do more.

I'll record a run up through the gears and post when I get time to get back to the shop - The tuning on this car is rough to say the least. Hopefully I can show you some befores and afters.

The RPM signal is being interfaced to the LM-1 through the optional "RPM Converter" cable which also has connections for four other sensor signals.

Unlike my FJO setup, the LM-1 software doesn't play back datalogs like a movie - you have to scroll it manually. This is way better in actual use than it may seem.

Those of you that already have the LM-1 can run the LM1 Manager Demo software and sample datalog provided. Click the Datalogger tab, then load, .dif file, Demo-Log.dif, Open, Show. You can then play with the controls to view the sample log file.

To get the jpeg I just did a screen capture using a print screen utility, but Stony's method works.