HybridZ

Motorsport/zcarparts remanufactured engines

Guest d9

I searched every forum I could find on this subject and couldn't find anything...

Motorsport offers remanufactured/rebuilt engines in their catalog. It says "Remanufactured by Japan's leading engine company. Exchange basis only. Rebuilt on virgin cores. Most major components are new. 3 year, 50,000 mile warranty etc."

Has anyone ever bought one or figured out the cost of doing or having an engine rebuilt vs. spending $1795 + core for a basically new engine?

A nearly new turbo engine for $1795... Is it worth it?

d9

I have to laugh at the thought of actually buying an engine from motorsports. I will never buy anything from those guys again after they lied to me for months while I was waiting for my Panasports to arrive at my door. It's a lonnng story so I will not bother you guys with it.

I would think that you would be waiting on an MSA engine to arrive at your door step when you turn 80. No joke when they have to ship you something on back order or something as big and heavy as an engine the wait must be very long. Trust me on this one.

Ive had ok luck with msa, for the most part i got all my goodies pretty quick. I think they get their engines from ATK and mark them up.

ATK is couple hundred dollars less. for a newly rebuilt engine

1795 isnt bad, IF the pistons are new too, which i doubt.

L motor is the easiest import engine ive ever dealt with.

Would you rebuilding your own engine or have someone else do it for you, the numbers will be very different.

For example, rebello charges about 2900 for a stock rebuild with a superior balancing job-which isnt bad to start with. another plus with them is that they work with L motors ALOT, while some engine shops do not have a lot of experience with them and most dont have a torque plate for the L6 engine.

Guest Anonymous

I bought a head from MSA, it was crap and they would not fix it. I had to have a rebuilt head repaired. Really sucked, I was in school and didn't need to be spending money anyway. Mark

look closer at the engine in the photo in msa catalog, now im sure they are just atk middle manning it, look at the photos and there is a atk sticker right on the block..

rebello is a well known datsun engine builder in northern california area

they built my friends very trick, 3.2 turbo stroker with the infamous electromotive billet bottom end. 404rwhp@14psi, but it cost! They are pricy, but they do know their stuff. do a search for rebello racing, it will come up.

rebuilding an L motor isnt cheap, but if you do it right and get good parts, it will last a LONG time.