HybridZ

adjustable camber bushing

I just popped in the g machine adjustable camber front control bushings. However, looking at them more closely, I'm concerned about potential quick wearing of the delrin bushing (the plastic bushing pivots around an aluminum sleeve, so I'm afraid the platic/delrin will wear quickly).

Does anyone know anything about the longevity/reliabilty of these unit?

If advisable, I rather buy non adjustable poly bushings and swap them now while the suspension is still apart. I don't have to have adjustable camber, as my current setting is fair. However, it's not perfect and I certainly would like to be able to fine tune it some more. Also my Santa Z parts wish list is already way too long so I can't buy adjustable camber plates :cry:

Thanks

I use them on a track car and change them after 2 years.

I have worn out rear ajustable bushing but the frt have done well.

How you use you car would make some difference.

If you already have them in, leave them and take advantage of the ajustability.

No need to just replace them.

Or.... you can do what I did on my front adj ones. Drill and tap for a grease zerk fitting on the round section of the control arm.

Just make sure you aim the zerk where you can get to them after everthing is all back together.

I can grease mine any time I feel they may need it... :D

Let me know if you need a pic and I'll take one tomorrow.

joel

J. Soileau 74260zt I would like a picture of the mod you did as I am about to get a car that has the adjustable bushings. They are new and if this is an easy mod my mean they will last alot longer. How old are yours by the way?

Here ya go... this is for you and anyone else who might think this is a good idea.

BTW, I've had mine on for aprox 5 yrs. and can't feel any wear. So this mod must help to say the least. :burnout:

LinkPhoto?GUID=711754fe-2fb3-6b5a-3e1a-428940e76398&size=

LinkPhoto?GUID=24177bdb-4581-3bc5-528f-440b1dc61101&size=