HybridZ

what's the Lowest diff ratio

TomoHawk

What's the diff? lol

There's not much difference between 3.36 and 3.54, so I think I will just not bother with what's in there. Unless there is something significantly different.

I think the overdrive trans will make more of a difference than .18 in the diff, unless you do both.

There's not much difference between 3.36 and 3.54

5%

So, if you redline at freeway speeds at 5000 RPM, the same speed will only require 4750 RPM.

If you spend $20 / week for gas it will cost $19 / week to go the same distance. $50 / year in 10 years the diff swap might pay for itself :D

Ok Im new here...I have a 260 Z with an R 200 3.54 welded spider gears. I presently have 383 team g intank 234/244 .480/.510 cam running about 8.0 1/8. Im considering putting in 4.11 I have an opportunity to get one for 175 shipped also found a 3.9 but it is 175 plus shipping. I know there are no absolutes but what should I expect from this mod I run 24' slicks. Im hoping it will get me to 7.8, I have juice that I will also use but felt I should get in 7's before juicing

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

whats the best ratio for the strip ?

i was running a 3.7ratio w/ @ 120 mph in the 1/4

went to a 3.9 but added a 2-step and its now the 1 tenth quicker 1/4 mile time but @ 118 mph....

whats better stick with 3.9? go back to 3.7? or put this 3.5 that Gad gave me ?