HybridZ

welding the holes in, pics

Guest bigjim240z

Guest bigjim240z

hey evil, i might have a cowl for ya. its in perfect shape. let me know if your interested. after hearing what tim said im not welding on this cowl. im gona try fiberglass and some filler. ill let you have this extra cheap. see ya jim

Guest 240hybrid

Just a tip for welding, use "Play-doh". Yeah, the stuff kids play with, just apply it to the back of the area your welding and it'll absorb a good bit of heat. Not going hog wild and running a continuous bead helps tremendously also. I usually run about 1/2" of weld then move to the last spot I left off after cooling and do another 1/2" bead.

Chase

Gee, what do you guys do for cabin air egress after you weld up the holes behind the rear quarter window? Use a '70-71 hatch?

And is anybody else worried about moisture festering inside that cowl in front of the windshield after you plug up all the vents?

Admirable work though...

Gee' date=' what do you guys do for cabin air egress after you weld up the holes behind the rear quarter window? Use a '70-71 hatch?

And is anybody else worried about moisture festering inside that cowl in front of the windshield after you plug up all the vents?

Admirable work though...[/quote']

There are LOTS of other areas that allow air to circulate to that area.

Tim

Guest V8wannabe

I had the similar idea, shaved my doorhandles, drip rail, b pillar vent, filled the headlight seams, and removed the emblems. Powder coated the chrome flat black. When I put the new rear quarters on, I widened the rear by 2.5 inches. You can see it behind the door and the lines below the window

album_pic.php?pic_id=2202