HybridZ

To pump up or not..Bosch high pressure pump on I/C install

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

I've probably posted on a similar thread, but now that the "Custom Tubes" installer is putting on my NPR I/C, Greddy Profec B, and blow off valve/pop off valve, I am wondering if I should have his outfit put on the Bosch fuel pump I bought...is it plug and play, or do I have to wait to have it put on along with a progressive fuel management unit (CarTec/Bell). The installers are good at the brawn end of putting this stuff in, but they make no claims to know how it works, so I don't want to drive it off their lot and have drivability issues before I can get it to a specialized "tuner" mechanic.

John-83 280ZXT

Might need different conectors for the wires, stock bracket might not work, If it's barbed than the hose will work. Will work fine with stock FPR it just pumps the fuel. It's just a fuel pump, you need some shop to do that too?

I am wondering if I should have his outfit put on the Bosch fuel pump I bought...is it plug and play' date=' or do I have to wait to have it put on along with a progressive fuel management unit (CarTec/Bell). The installers are good at the brawn end of putting this stuff in, but they make no claims to know how it works, so I don't want to drive it off their lot and have drivability issues before I can get it to a specialized "tuner" mechanic.

John-83 280ZXT[/quote']

Guest jjohart

Ok, so we don't all have hospitable weather in N.E, nor do we have aerial lifts in our breezeways near Scottsdale...some of us non-techie types actually have to have someone semi-pro, who may know what they're doing, mess with tiny things like fuel pumps and large, volatile containers and hoses, etc!! :shock:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest De Schmaydee

cartech and bell both have pierburg pumps....cheaper than bosch and do as well. they will bolt right up.....i got one from bell...i run 58psi static (420cc injs)....

.....s

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Have them put on the pump, I mean come on. Their fabricating your intercooler and you trust them and a fuel pump is not a big deal at all. Sounds like your hesitant for some crazy reason about putting on a pump. Whats up! You need a pump, no doubt about it. We all need nice hi-pressure fuel pumps and not some crapy ass 20+ year old stock junk. As for the fuel regulation, buy a FMU that has a spacific rate. You dont have to tune as much and if your good it will be right on the dime. So whaterver post some pic's of your ride, and let us know how it runs.