HybridZ

Death penalty procedure deemed "unhealthy"

JMortensen

Guest comeandzpa

Thats like how they sterilize the needles for lethal injections....c'mon, theyre dying anyway. If you're going to support the death penalty because the person deserves to get a taste of their own medicine, then why coddle them?

They seem to forget that we have "Yellow Mamma" down here.

As I understand it, the new death penalty law says that an inmate can choose injection or electric chair for thier execution. If the inmate refuses to choose, then injection is the default (I personally think it should be the other way around). So it seems to me that the Alabama inmate is choosing the chair.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I think they should just pick an extremely brutal form of death penalty and make it a nation-wide system. Then there wont be anything wrong with it. It's against the law for cruel and unusual punishment. Sure it would be cruel, but if everyone is doing it then it is not unusual! :D

I think they should just pick an extremely brutal form of death penalty and make it a nation-wide system. Then there wont be anything wrong with it. It's against the law for cruel and unusual punishment. Sure it would be cruel, but if everyone is doing it then it is not unusual! :D

Cruel is a relative term. When the constitution was written, being Drawn and Quartered was the tipical style of execution, and not really cruel. Look here for a definition of D&Q.

Guest comeandzpa

Mike, thats a very valid point. However, using bullets still costs money. We need a good ol' fashioned guillotine or something....one time build cost, then it pays for itself after so many beheadings!

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
Bullet is cheaper :D Remember we are running this Country on a deficit. got to be cost concious.

Mike

Nah, a knife is much cheaper, it is reusable. Or a guillotine. I say make a slow moving guillotine that the person lays on their back to watch move down at them. :twisted:

Bullet is cheaper :D Remember we are running this Country on a deficit. got to be cost concious.

Mike

Nah' date=' a knife is much cheaper, it is reusable. Or a guillotine. I say make a slow moving guillotine that the person lays on their back to watch move down at them. :twisted:[/quote']

We could always borrow an idea from the middle east. Sword, chopping block. :shock:

I don't think we need to stoop to their level of barbarism to put someone out of the game. No matter what the crime, I don't think you can go wrong showing unwarranted levels of mercy. Just inject 'em with a massive dose of pentabarbitol and be done with it. That gets the job done, and we don't have to listen to as many of those damned commie left-wing liberals moaning their fool heads off.

And as usual, I sincerely apologize to any communistic left-wing liberals I may have offended.

HEY! I just got another idea, and it's a real dillie! How 'bout we have the best of both worlds? The real issue with keeping murderers imprisoned for life seems to be the financial cost of it. So how 'bout we do this: After two juries find them guilty, we put their cases on the internet along with a Paypal account. If non-death-row advocates wants to keep them alive, they can donate money out of their own pockets to do so. When the money runs out, the inmate is terminated. Personally, *I* don't want to pay to keep a bunch of thugs alive in prison, and if one of my loved ones is wrongly accused, I can keep them alive until they can get out through legal means.

How does that sound?

My understanding is that it is more expensive to put someone to death than to keep them alive for the rest of their life. That's the moronic part of the whole deal. They get so many appeals that it is actually more expensive to kill them.

Personally, I think DNA evidence should be required for death penalty cases, then they should get a set number of appeals. 2 or 3 maybe. One of the few things that I LOVE about Dubya was his position on appeals for clemency when he was governor. He used to basically say the same thing every time, rough paraphrase: "The person was convicted by a jury of 12 of their peers who sat through the whole trial. Who am I to overturn that verdict after just reading this paperwork?" I agree with him on that 100%. I have a hard time understanding why governors are allowed to give clemency. Maybe it's a state constitution or a checks and balances thing. Anyway, we could inject or gas or electrocute them, no big difference there, as they all go to the same place. It sure would be nice if they would clean up the system to make it more efficient, though.

I've said this before, but IMO the ultimate justification for the death penalty IMO is not as a deterrent or as a punishment, but it is that the rate of recitivism in dead criminals is exactly 0%.

Jon

Mike

Nah' date=' a knife is much cheaper, it is reusable. Or a guillotine. I say make a slow moving guillotine that the person lays on their back to watch move down at them. :twisted:[/quote']

We could always borrow an idea from the middle east. Sword, chopping block. :shock:

Better yet, use a wood chipper and turn them into something usable: compost.

Mike

Using the same knife would be unhealthy!! They could catch a diesease or something!! :roll: