HybridZ

maybe? perhapz~ could it work?

Guest tyrfryr

Guest tyrfryr

ok for you l-series guys, forgive me if this is obserd. i am a v8 guy, and know and love the bad bowtie chevy v8. i know very little about the import cars and there motor. i happen to love the Z body and decided to v8 one. im about to swap v8's, and go with a twin turbo aluminum head, forged rotating assemblied 350. maybe even stroke it out.. i don't want to bulid manifolds, and i don't want to pay the huge chunk of change for custom jobs... my question for you fine gentlemen is, will this manifold i found work?? i was thinking i could cut the flange off this manifold and weld a sbc flange to it if the exhaust ports are correct. i know this chance is slim~ but what if? like i said i don't know alot about import stuff.. so i have come to you fellaz~

http://linux.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=EMGTDSM&Category_Code=DSM-Exhaust

http://linux.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/graphics/00000001/full/garrett_man_full.jpg

Guest tyrfryr

i wonder if i could buy some shorty headers and flip them, then weld a flange on that? has anyone done this? am i making something simple, harder than it really is? :?:

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

First off its not really a import thing. Its more like a performance deal, namely turbo and fuel injection wits are whats you need to get a grip on. The manifolds are for sure the hardest part of the combination. You see alot of ford guys swap sides on shorty 5.0 headers and join them at a collector with a turbo to get the job done. Your gonna have to get into some catalogs and look at header diagrams to see wut part numbers are gonna fit you best. That is after the engine is in the car and you have a idea how your gonna organize this turbocharged monster. Hope your handy or you have a real budget. I would keep a eye out for turbo SBC headers already made or even some of the exhaust manifolds from back in the day that come with draw threw kits. Take your time keep an eye out and it won't cost too much hopefully. When its time to tackle turbo, intercooler and FI system give me a call I am full of ideas. Good luck.