HybridZ

240SX 5-speed

DatsunBoy77

Alright, a whie back I had seen a 240Z with a 240SX engine (ka24) and it was using their stock transmission (240Z tranny). My question is will the 240SX tranny bolt up to our engine. these transmissions seem to be strong, and my friend has one laying around. I have my engine out of the car but it is on a stand mounted to the rear. Maybe sometime this week i will try and get the metal plate that goes betweem the tranny and the engine that the starter goes through from his tranny and see if it matches up to mine. has anyone ever seen this done? He just traded his 240SX for an RX7 and now has a spare 5-spees laying around.

check out the 510 websites. I swear they can make a z zx five speed work behind the ka24, why not other way around. The ka24 tranny is very strong, I would say it is atleast as strong as the turbo t5, but a little easier shifting wise.

its a good trans. my buddy beats the crap out of his 240sx, drifts it, powershifts it, downshifts on the freeway, he has blown a clutch in half, and burnt one to the point of freewheel, but the tranny is fine!!! btw: he ran a 225mm z clutch last time around.

The KA 24 tranny will bolt to the Lseries motors, however the the KA24 tranny sits at the same angle as the NAPz engines and will cause the Lseries motor slant at to great of an angle to the right.I have heard of an L series trans front halve being machined to accept the later KA 24 tranny, but I have never seen one in person.