HybridZ

True Crime: streets of La

majik16106

Hey, me and my bro been playing this game, its friggin hilarious.

Car related stuff.

You can break up/ participate in street races.

You can win cars by illegally racing

You can steal a 99ish civic si, blitz body kit, clear tails, red recaro type seats, big carbon fiber wing... etc.

69 muscle car looks alot like a gt500 convertable, or maybe a 69 firebird.

Other than that.. tons of cool fight moves and stuff.. awesome game..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm playing need for speed: underground. you get extra points for almost getting into a headon collission, uncontrollably fishtailing (er, called "powerslide" in the game) and.... "drafting" if you tuck in behind the other ricer. Also, you can't get into some races because you don't have enough ricey underglow on your car. seriously.

Guest bastaad525

GT4 keeps getting moved... first it was going to be december... then it was going to be January... then it was only 'first quarter 2004', then it was back to december. I used to work at a video game store and still keep in touch with my friends there. Our Sony rep, that would come to check on their in-store demo PS2 unit, was always saying not to count on it coming before Xmas.

NFS Underground has been out over a week now... I'm dying to play that one too... I may just buy that right now (got a nice extra fat check from Turkey day holiday pay).

Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 is also out... I like that one because a)it seems to be really close in depicting how guys in Japan really race on the Shoutoku, and B) it's got 240's in it :) (also 300zxTT's, and 350z's... mmmmmm mm)

Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 is out? i didnt even no they were maken another one.. i beat Zero hehe love the wangan Z :D

is there a website so i can see some screen shots and etc?

mike

Guest bastaad525

Tokyo 3 is fuggin great... played it til 4am last night! Man I was jazzed that they actually included the Z31 300ZX... I think it's the first game that has this model car in it. Now if some game would just put the original 280ZX Turbo... that'd be sweet. I'm sure S30's are in there too, they've been in the first two... however it is true that they are never very good in this game. They usually handle pretty badly, way too loose and oversteer prone, even after you do all the mods. Dont forget though that aerodynamic mods make a BIG difference in this game too... in Tokyo 2 I got the 240 to handle somewhat reasonably after modding EVERYTHING, not just suspension. If you want to unlock a 240 check gamefaqs.com for a walkthru or hint guide... I know in part 2 getting the 240 unlocked involved some secret hocus pocus trick... you had to find the guy on a day that was a multiple of seven, and he'd only race you if you had a black car... beat him and you could buy a 240... stuff you would never just guess on your own. OH and this is the first game in the Tokyo series that actually has the cars LICENSED... even though it's always had the real cars, they were just lookalikes before, now they are the real deal with logos, badges and everything. I'm glad to hear Tokyo 3 has engine swaps... I hadn't even gotten that far yet... Tokyo 3 also has other cool features like coolant and oil temp gauges that go up as you race, and keep going up if you keep racing too long, they are detrimental to your cars performance. Also... SCRAMBLE BOOST!!!! Pushing select will bump your turbo boost up a few PSI... you can leave it on as long as you want but it can blow your engine. This feature blows away NFS Underground and it's 5 seconds of nitrous....

My g/f bought me both games yesterday and while NFS is by far the flashier of the two, I think Tokyo 3 is by far the better game so far. More realistic, more cars, more in depth tuning... though NFS has much better control, graphics, and music. Just having way more fun on Tokyo 3.

on Zero you cant go all out on the Aero parts on the S30 Z's... you cant have 5 or 6 (not sure how high it goes) on all the Aero parts.. you have to have the 3 or 2 air dam and it makes a BIG difference.

damn i need Tokyo 3 :(

mike

Yeah this game is awesome! I see the engine change option but I can't use it yet, I read somewhere you have to have like 1200 miles on your car before you can do it and you can swap basically any engine into it, V8, rotary, RB, etc. so we could make some damn nice Hybrid Z's on there, just need to find out how to unlock the 240Z, I checked gamefaqs, but they don't have a guide yet. I just unlocked the Ford GT, it is awesome but $$$. I started off with an S14 Silvia and now I have an R34, and it looks awesome, fully modded every part of the body clad in carbon fiber, and another cool part is you can plug your USB computer mouse in the USB port and use it in the "Dress Up" section to paint your car. My Skyline is black with red racing stripes and looks crazy.

Just unlocked the 240Z! He is a wanderer in Tokyo the second time you play the city. They list it as a 240Z but under engine its listed as a 2.0 liter and on the car screen it says Fairlady Z. I've noticed a lot of stuff in this game that they didn't change over from the Japanese version. A lot of bad translations in the car descriptions too. Oh well, now I just gotta put a ton of miles on my new Z so I can get the engine swapped out :D !

bought Tokyo 3... pretty fun.. pretty hard too.. way more realistic then Zero.. i dunno if as much fun more its pretty cool...

i have the 180sx now... witha BAMMMMM clear tail lights hahahha... ricer by heart i guess :)

mike