HybridZ

FINALLY STARTED MY REAR DISK SWAP

Well for all of those that have gone before me, I now share half of your excitement. I started my rear disk swap today. Man It was a beach to get the dust cover off with a hack saw :shock: But it was accomplished. Man that setup looks so sweet I just want to sit and look at it. :D Now I have to do the other side tomorrow! Has anyone done the 280ZX Brake booster and MC swap into your 240? Was it a direct bolt in? Do I really need a spacer and turn the booster upside down? More to come!!!!

CZ :wink:

Yeah its the kit from Ross...Brembo rotors, 240SX calipers, carbon fiber pads with E-Brake and Zinc coated brakets. I got them all on OK and the brakes work but the E-Brake does not and was wondering how you keep the cable from flying off the arm on the calipers. It is too thick to put the stock clip on it. I think the E-Brake is a major problem for Zs anyway. Can someone shed some light on the hold down method of the E-Brake cable once hooked up to the caliper?

CZ

Well, everything bolted up really easy..no probs there. I did swap the E-Brake cable like suggested and it fits good. I am not putting a P valve in line yet. I really dont think I need one. It stops fine. However I am upgrading to the 280ZX Booster and MC. It just makes sense to me that if you double your caliper volume, adding a bigger MC and Booster goes right in line. I figured out the E-Brake problem but there still isnt a clip that will fit to hold it solid. I think you could put a hose clamp around the top of the mount fork to keep the cable from possibly popping out but Ill think of something. At anyrate it was a cool install. After Monday doing my Booster valve upgrade to the 700R4 and filter/rear yoke seal, I am gonna tackle the CV upgrade...wish me luck......no more vibrations...it was all coming from the drum brakes being out of line....I have all the drum stuff for sale cheap if anyone wants them....oops I better post in the other forum... :D

One the proportioning vavle thing, you may not need one but make sure you test your brakes in a safe place before you get in an emergency where you need them. Dont want the rears locking up unexpectedly in a corner :wink: I plumbed my wilwood vavle in the exact same place as the stock one, i just took the stock one out and bolts the willwood vavle in its place, you can use the stock lines and all. Just gotta have adaptors for the vavle. i can post some pics if you want them

-Austin