HybridZ

Sick! Dyno tuned my car

Guest Simon

as i said erler i think it has 850 lbs of torque.... BUT not at 1 ft just at a guess it might be radius of the dyno roller or somthing .... as i said i will find out on monday what it means..... and how to convert it to a standard unit

I know my car doesnt have 850 ft/lbs.... nice if it did though it will be more like 270 or so.....

Torque can be multiplied, HP cannot. If you did this in first gear it is possible you had 850 ft lbs at the wheels. Your engine is not producing that at the crank. This is why I take eveyones torque figures lightly. Your HP sounds about right though.

First gear would have resulted in way more than 850 lb-ft, but you're on the right track. The torque number is almost certainly the torque at the roller, which needs to be divded by the gear reduction ratio to get the normally used torque at the flywheel.

My guess is that the pull was done in fourth gear (1:1), with, say, a 3.55 final drive gear. 850 / 3.55 = 239 lb-ft.

If Simon were using a 3.7 diff, then the torque would come out to about 230 lb-ft.