HybridZ

Slow down on power backfiring, nearly comes fine when warm ?

its a intresting problem, 2 days ago my l20et started to run as it says in the title, it idels fine, but comming up to say 2000rpm it starts to lunge back fire eraticly. it only does this when its cold. but it is still down on power when warmed up

now im tihnking its the o2 sensor, or afm, im unsure on what it could be.

the only other this is could of something happend when it was given a hard run around the bays in my local area?. could of something poped

its a l20et in a r30 skyline coupe,

running 10-12psi,

pod filter and a 2.5" exhaust with a turbo muffler ,

After you unpluged the ecu? Check the contacts in the harnes (corosion/breakage) and make sure its making good contact on the ecu. Usually when it dies/lunges around at 2000-2500 it's the computer having a fit EI; going into (or in and out of) 'fail safe' mode. If there is a bad conection to any of the sensors, it might have this effect. It could be the water temp sensor too, if it runs better once it's warm..

yeah thats was one of the things i was thinking, i dont need to worry about he connections and they are nearly brand new in the looks department.

i did have problems with my car before dieing after driving it for 5 mins, when cold. then it wouldnt start for 10 mins, i narrowed it down to a bad ground on my fuel pump relay controll box, or something arather. on the rear parcel tray.