HybridZ

LS1 Parts are CHEAP!!!!!!!!!

Been doing some trolling for stuff for the Corvette and MAN is it easy to make power with these motors... Not to mention that parts are easily had CHEAP! I have a strong lead on an LS6 intake and a blackwing Ramair for $425 for both... AND I'm gonna probably have a set of NEW LS1 heads for $300, built.

I'm searching for some headers, a cam, and lower rotating assembly, as my builder has already got a block for us... MAN, this thing is gonna be quick!

Mike :D

I suspect we'll have it tweeked and ready by spring... May even have another full motor build in by then... I JUST won a new set of LS1 heads that are going to the machine shop for porting as soon as they come in...

Hope you are going to bring 500 crank HP to the frey....

Mike :D

With the Cobra...no, not 500 crank HP, but rather 500RWHP:lol: The only power adders we have on the car are shorty headers, chip, and intake (currently sits at 394RWHP and 395lbft TQ).

Christmas present to mom: Magnaflow cat-back.

Coming early next year: Ported blower, chip, new heat exchanger, MAFterburner and WBO2 for proper tune, and a few other things.

I'm hoping if we get the WBO2 and I get an alky injection system, my Honda could be sitting close to 425 Front Wheel HP.

Sounds like a road trip is in the works next Spring for me. :2thumbs:

Well I'll save you the trip and conceed... 550WHP is enough... However' date=' I know of a certain board member with a certain Supra that might be your huckleburry! BLKMGK, You out there???

Mike :D[/quote']

OK, I am calling for a grudge match between the vette, cobra, and a certain GNZ that hangs around here.

WELLL LETS not get carried away... My purpose to build this car is to have fun with a on street car... I want to be able to drive it to california and back if I choose... Not intending to get over 500HP...

The Z will be the crazy car... I expect 530 crank HP out of a 2700# car...

Mike

WELLL LETS not get carried away... My purpose to build this car is to have fun with a on street car... I want to be able to drive it to california and back if I choose... Not intending to get over 500HP...

The Z will be the crazy car... I expect 530 crank HP out of a 2700# car...

Mike

Mike, you have forgotten rule #1 of hotrodding: "You can never have enough horsepower."

:cough:need:cough:supercharger:cough:

Just slap a ATI procharger on there. Still drivable, but when you get on it, here comes the power :twisted:

Those ATI chargers are incredible, and they really aren't that complex. I have seen more than a few of them and for what they give you they have got to be one of the best bang for the buck mods you can do. Come one Mike be the man and make me wish I was you! :twisted: Hell you have a Vette, I allready wish I was. :roll:

I'm hoping to be somewhere in the 11's with the Honda (guy with the motor before me ran 12.2, untuned, at 10psi). The Cobra should be deep into the 11's with just the bolt ons. No way we are going to be able to get more than one run in, because we'll get kicked off for no roll bar/cage (Mom would never let us put a bar or cage in her car).

Mike, we need some pics of the cars! I wanna see the collection you go going. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JAMIE T

Mike, It don't take much to turn that LS1 into an LS6. I was lucky enough to watch a stock ZO6 go from a strong stocker to a 700RWHP beast in a couple of months. This guy showed up for a couple of dyno pulls in his stock ZO6, put down about 360RWHP. Came back about a month later with a Twin intercooled Procharger. Laid down a 526RWHP untuned. Came back about a month later with ported/polished heads, blower cam, and tuning to the tune of 700RWHP. That car looked stone stock, until you fired it up. It didn't sound unlike Darius's LT1/Procharged Z. I know everyone here has heard that thing.

About those blown Cobra's... They are shockingly fast. Miner bolt-ons will put them over 500 hp. Having said that, any V8Z worth it's wieght would put a world of hurt on even a modified one. It's a simple matter of power to wieght ratio's.

Moridion, as soon as the road goes twisty, you would see Vette taillights. Vettes(and first gen. Zcars 8) rule the twisties. I for one would rather have fewer HP and a fun reliable car than a car that has huge HP bragging rights. I've had about every end of the spectrum as far as high performance cars go, Drag racing Musclecars, street racing supercharged mustangs, road racing supercharged mustangs, 400 hp NA Z28, not to mention multiple 240Z's. I enjoyed the road race mustang the best on the street. Full Saleen suspension, convertible, cage, huge wheels and brakes, 500 RWHP, etc... It was a package, not all power without the rest of the hardware that makes it work. My Z28 is like that, has the power, but the suspension is not up to the power. And, 4th gen F-bodies handle damn good in stock form, but give them more power and they quickly become insuffeciant. The Cobra's are the same way, just because they have IRS, doesn't mean they can't be improved. The Vettes are given a better chassis and suspension than the Cobra, but with less power. Cobra wins the HP fight, but lacks in the handling department. Not to crap on anyones cars, I'll take an early Zcar over any other car any time. Add a 400hp V8 and some brakes, and you've got a well rounded car for thousands less than any new car that performs the same.

Yeah, I know the Cobra isn't up to snuff with its chassis. It does have its good and bad parts though. Bad becauase its so old, but also good because of that. There are so man suspension parts out there for the cars you never know what would hit you. Oh...and the weight is another big thing too. We are working on it. Being that it is my mom's car, it helps to keep all mods streetable, so a lot of research goes into each one :D

Personally, I like the Z. Even with crappy tires and old, horrible, shot bushings, the thing tells you where it's going. I have no problem just hanging the rear end out all day long, then reeling back in like it was nothing. The Honda is another story unto itself though.