HybridZ

new 350 chevy engine for $1299 at jegs

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=146671&prmenbr=361

I bought two of these (from chevy) this year alone!,(you can,t correctly build one for this much) they make a good starting place if your on a limited budget, just some port work a cam swap headers and an air gap intake will get you an honest 280hp-300hp

remember the stock tpi engine only puts out (245hp/330tq)

GM Goodwrench 350 Crate Engine

View larger image

Product images may differ from actual product appearance.

This universal 350ci engine uses a brand new block and can be used as a replacement for most GM vehicles from 1970-85. It produces 260hp and 350 ft/lbs of torque with a 4bbl carb and headers. It can be used as a replacement or as a retrofit into almost any vehicle. This brand new crate engine comes with a GM warranty and is covered for 3 years or 50,000 miles in applicable GM vehicles only.

Specifications:

4 bolt main with 2 piece rear main seal

Cast iron crankshaft

LT1/LT4 powdered metal connecting rods

Cast pistons (dished)

Hydraulic flat tappet cam, (.383''/.401'') and a 112° lobe separation

Cast iron cylinder heads with 76cc chambers

8.5:1 compression ratio

Left and right hand dipstick

4 quart oil pan

Timing tabs for a 6-3/4'' or an 8'' balancer

80910067353.jpg

Yea Saw that on Jeg's E-mail sales. That's a Good deal Grump! Although I am running out of money buying all these "good deals" around Christmas... :D Tis the season to donate tward family; including WIFE presents. To allow for future "good deal" purchases for my toys later in the season.

Guest thomasat

There is still alot of things missing on this engine to make to the swap mode. As a starter I strongly considered this but dismissed it after adding up the parts that I would have to purchase additionally. Maybe my second engine.