HybridZ

"I'm back in the saddle again!", MML's Ross C home

Mike I think 250/300 you'll find to stiff for the street... If you plan on making it a track car down the road, the $200 you'll drop for new springs will be a drop in the bucket at that point.

I've been in quite a few quick street/auto-x Z's at this point, and they are in the 200lbs/in area, generally slightly less. Perhaps they could all see benefit of stiffer springs, but they generally respond really well that those rates and don't feel soft at all...

so my 225 250 i have now should be fine?

i cant really budge the front when i push on it.. car has tokico illuminas to set at 5.

what you think?

i dont mind driving a stiff car around the street, i like that feeling.

mike

i cant really budge the front when i push on it.. car has tokico illuminas to set at 5.

what you think?

i dont mind driving a stiff car around the street' date=' i like that feeling.

mike[/quote']

Mike,

I have 175lb in front and 200lb in the rear for the street, with the Tokico's set at 2 front and 3 rear (if I remember right) and it's STIFF! I tried the #5 setting on the Tokico's all around and it seriously gave me neck problems, so #5 is FOR TRACK ONLY. My Z handles like you wouldn't believe. I can pull the steering wheel as hard as I can at 40 mph and the Z just follows my input without understeer :shock: . I love it. Scares the crap out of passengers.

Just drive the dang thing first, get the bugs worked out, then make changes. Stick with one plan Mike.

!M!

Mike (on3go) you've got mail :D

Im into those z31 CV adaptors, will they be designed to make those z31 cvs a bolt in affair?

Basically yes, I can't say 'bolt on' in my easiest manner as it's a bit of work but all truly easy. Reverse the cages on the outboard ends of the CV's, this is easily done with a small gear puller and less than 30 minutes per side if you're really taking your time. More likely 1/2 that time plus some shaving as noted below. Plus it's advantageous to shave down the exposed end of that CV shaft past the Snapring groove to shorten the shaft just that little extra bit. My adaptor basically adds near zero thickness, just enought to allow the stub axle threaded end to protrude and not hit the CV shaft. So, barring shaving the end of your stub axle down, not easily done on the car at all, I suggest shaving the end of your CV shaft slightly. It has some shaft that extends slightly past the snapring groove, shaving that extension slightly shortens the minimum compressed length of the shaft and allows for tolerable geometry. This is for stock control arm length Z's and not any that may have shortened custom control arms as they may require even shorter CV shafts.....for them they'd want to literally shave a few threads off the end of their stub axle, and shave my adaptor slightly and then it would work on these 'narrowed' rears. May not be required but I haven't had the opportunity to check on such builds so just know what will definitely work. The CV shaft 'shaving' may not even be required but so far for my comfort zone it's something easily done and makes it all 'happy'. The cage reversal at a minimum is required for sure.

Ross (I try for short answers, I really do!) C

Hope that helps.

what you think?

i dont mind driving a stiff car around the street' date=' i like that feeling.

mike[/quote']

Mike,

I have 175lb in front and 200lb in the rear for the street, with the Tokico's set at 2 front and 3 rear (if I remember right) and it's STIFF! I tried the #5 setting on the Tokico's all around and it seriously gave me neck problems, so #5 is FOR TRACK ONLY. My Z handles like you wouldn't believe. I can pull the steering wheel as hard as I can at 40 mph and the Z just follows my input without understeer :shock: . I love it. Scares the crap out of passengers.

Just drive the dang thing first, get the bugs worked out, then make changes. Stick with one plan Mike.

!M!

hehe i no i just get antcy in the pantcy.. lol that sounded gay.

i know what you mean i had Tein coilovers on my 300zx and loved how stiff it was, i had it at the stiffest you can make it and it didnt bother me.. im sick in the head, atleast my dad says that.

and yeah i no i have to many plans going right now. i bought motors i cant even or wont use lol.

mike