HybridZ

Post pics of your interior... interior setups and ideas...

Guest ON3GO

I'm a bit confused Dan... (what else is new)

The gauges are in the same place in relation to each other. But the shape of the top of the dash is different.

And of course the extra gauge pod (a nice feature) in the center. How does that fit over a stock dash with 4 pods instead of 3, and have the same spacing? Or is the 4th one just inserted to the left of the stock trio?

I'm pretty sure there is going to be some serious glare off the top of that... do you have any plans for a matte finish of some sort?

That's going to look just sick inside of a Z. :twisted:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course the extra gauge pod (a nice feature) in the center. How does that fit over a stock dash with 4 pods instead of 3, and have the same spacing? Or is the 4th one just inserted to the left of the stock trio?

Sawzall, baby! Just make a space. Eh... watch out for wires. :shock: Seriously, you have to cut a space in the dash and come up with a creative way (black silicone) to mount it.

I'm pretty sure there is going to be some serious glare off the top of that... do you have any plans for a matte finish of some sort?

Steve's dash is all high gloss black AND it's a convertable. He's never had a problem. I've driven the car ( hard :twisted: ) and can confirm that. Don't know why. What you say makes sense.

Amir!! Nice Job!! the dash looks awesome!!

Ron

Thanks Ron! The biggest reason I went with this is due to the weight saving - I think the entire dash with gauges in must weigh around 30-40lbs less than the stock piece.

I am hoping to get the car in at under 2000lbs ;)

Maybe it is just the angle of the dash that doesn't cause glare? I always figured this would be an issue with a glossy dash... maybe I'm wrong.

Sawzall... hehe. The Dan Juday brute force method of interior customization! :D I would very seriously like another dash mounted gauge however... hmmmmmm.

there are other differences between the 280 and 240 dashes besides the connection at the console.

The gauges are in the same place in relation to each other. But the shape of the top of the dash is different.

THANK YOU DAN!!!

See Tim it is not just me!! :D:lol:

I thought the tops of the three gages seemed a bit higher now it has been confirmed.

Must......have......fiberglass......240......dash.....

Rufus