HybridZ

The R230 Swap

Scottie-GNZ

Guest BigWhyteDude

just wondering if you guys know what rear came in the J30's? Its the small little 3.0 4 door. Quick for what it is. even with 190 thousand miles on the clock:)

Are all the Q45s equipped with an LSD? If so then why do all the junkyards ask for traction control or no TC? Aside from the obvious, what are the differences?

I would think TC is an electronic system in many cases. The Q45 has an LSD that is mechanical and is not TC. You are not lying if you tell them "No TC" and end up with the LSD, the only one they made during the first body-style anyway (I don't know about the later ones).

Davy

Since a few questions have been asked and I have dug through the junk yard enough to know a few of the answers. The Infiniti J30 has an R200 rear and axles appear to be 1mm smaller in diameter than the Q45. Also, the CV to stub and diff to CV flanges are 5 bolt on the J30 and 6 bolt evenly spaced on the Q45. The Nissan 240SX has 3 tabs with 2 bolts each and has an axle diameter that is smaller still than the Infiniti J30. If the. Here is the fun part. The suspension geometry is the same on the Q45, J30, and 240SX and Skyline. And, the hubs of the Q45, J30, 240SX and Skyline are swappable, (except some 240SX's) provided they have the four bolt setup like this.

41830471.jpg

The touring models of the J30 and Q45 have rear steering like the Skyline, but you can get rid of it by using non-touring parts. Also, then you have your choice of brakes from all of those cars. I used newer J30 rotors and calipers because they are vented, not solid like the Q45. Oh, and they are all 5 lug with I brake built in. All of this is only interesting if you want to use the Q45 with larger axles with the rest of the suspension. If all you want is the tough LSD diff, use the adapters that are being made.