HybridZ

Turn signal problem...please help

Guest PBooty

So... where they have tapped in for power for your radio must be directly off of your TS power. Unfortunately by disconnecting all your wiring you may have confused the tech.

You are not pulling my leg with this post are you? I have been fooled into trying to help people on this site in the past only to find out it was a joke. I hope not.

I suggest removing anything that has to do with the radio, and seeing if then you can get your TS working again. Then I would worry about the radio. If you are still having trouble in a couple of days, I will be at my shop and I can look at and take pics of the wires you are talking about.

Rufus

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to add something that may help someone in the future. My problem was this: My turn signals and hazards were working just fine. I installed a stereo and shortly thereafter I ran into a problem. The hazards all worked fine, the left turn signal worked fine, but the right turn signal did nothing at all. No click, no blink, nada. I suspected the main plug that you have to disconnect when taking out your center console. The one for the hazards/turnsignals ect. I checked each pin for continuity and each one checked out good. I checked and reseated the connectors for the turn signal cellenoid thingy (small, round and silver located under the dash to the left of the steering column). Still no change. This is how I fixed the problem: I used PB Blaster which is an all-purpose lubricant/cleaner ect. I sprayed some into the steering column right where the turn signal lever is. I checked the right turn signal and found that it at least turned solid green. I proceeded to spray a ton into that switch and worked it up and down, front and back. Tried the turn signal again and WALLA! It's like new! I highly recommend trying this if you're having the above described problem. (By the way, the recent stereo install had nothing to do with the problem. It was just coincidental timing)

Hope this helps someone! :D

I had the same problem with my 72 240z . Found the problem to be the turn signal actuator.

I changed the assembly (Its 1/2 of the ignition system up by the steering wheel) and the signal worked again instantly.

When I took apart the old one and studied the contacts. One set was too coroded to allow the power to pass through.

jeff