HybridZ

BRE stripes on my Z? yes or no?

Guest ON3GO

wow i'm surprised i've missed this thread up until now as its something i was thinking of doing on my (darker green) car to cover up my stone chipped bonnet and the rust along the very bottom of the doors, so i was wondering what i should do instead of painting the whole top of the car one colour (either a darker green so its only just noticable or a black)...since i dont have a carbon fibre bonnet i was thinking of it colour along with the battery cover bits and the bit just infront of the windscreen so the two stripes aren't the only bit besides the bonnet, and then the bottom section of the sides of my car most likely black to match the flares i have sitting here (hence y i dont know what colour the top should be) along with the two stripes coming up from it.

but it would probably look better if the bonnet bit was black and hte sides were the darker green, i need to photoshop it, i think i did awhile ago but not very well, i'll do one of your car on3go since its already got the flares, but that washable paint sounds like a better idea!

i "panda'd" my car with gaffa tape a couple of months ago to see what that would look like and it looked pretty nice (the second stripe helped cover one spot of rust i have up higher on the door :D, so my thought was mayb this stripe could merge into the bre one, like they stop at the intersection of them)

This is gonna sound stupid and too complicated, but I'm gonna post it anyway.:)

If you or a friend have Forza Motorsport for the Xbox, you can go into it and make paint schemes for any car you've won, one of which is the 240ZG. My Z is black, so of course the one I have in the game is also. However, I had been toying with the idea of putting silver bre stripes on my real car, so for fun, I put silver bre stripes on my Z in the game, to see what it'd look like. Turns out I like it and will eventually do it in reality, just not now. While not as effective as looking at your real car with stripes, you are able to see the car looks moving and from different angles, as well as how it stands out in a pack of other cars.

Like I said, sounds kinda stupid and complicated, but it works and there's no messy cleanup involved. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Good luck!