HybridZ

I have had it with motorsport

Guest sukow2001

Guest sukow2001

I first didnt understand how to install my new exhaust. It didnt come with instructions or anything with it. So I call motorsport and they tell me that I need to remove the catalytic convertor to install it. I try to get the catalytic convertor off and the bolts ar to rusted. so I take off the down pipe and use a hex saw to cut the bolt, I reattach the down pipe and go to install the straight pipe and everything. and its about 4 inches short. so I call motorsport again and complain and the guys says i wasnt suspose to remove the catalytic convertor. So now I have to drll out the old bolts that are rust and screw to the catalytic convertor, go get new bolts, reinstall my catalytic convertor, and install my exhaust. SO I WORKED ALL DAY FOR NOTHING, AND IT MADE ME HAVE TO DO MORE WORK

Guest smoov280zx

I see you are in colorado. I don't know what the inspection laws are like, but if you don't have inspections drive it to a "good ole" muffer shop and get a pipe in place of the cat. As for MSA, yeah I've learned my lesson. Don't call them unless you know what you want to order, they aren't much use for technical or any other help for that matter. BTW, I hope you didnt get the Monza exhaust like I first had, painted black with red inside the tips? That will be covered in rust within a year if it is. If thats what you got I would recommend you send it back and get a good muffler and a good shop to make a pipe from the Y-pipe back. That goes only for the Monza though, never used the others that MSA sells. I've heard the aluminized ones are alright

Welcome to the MSA haters club :D

Mitch

Sorry about your bad experience... I tried to put an MSA turbo muffler 2.5" exhaust on the car when it still had the L6 in it. The damn thing was so far off of even thinking about imagining being close to nearly fitting that I just took it down to the muffler shop and had them re-bend the pipes (they had to make a whole new section and toss one of the three that came with the kit because it was so far off). Ended up costing an extra 150 or so over MSA's price :roll:

With all the bad posts about MSA on this site, it makes me wonder if anyone at that company is a Z fanatic. I would think that if they were true enthusiasts that they would eventually run into all the negative feedback while searching sites and such, that regular Z guy's do, and say something about it. I just find it odd.

With all the bad posts about MSA on this site, it makes me wonder if anyone at that company is a Z fanatic. I would think that if they were true enthusiasts that they would eventually run into all the negative feedback while searching sites and such, that regular Z guy's do, and say something about it. I just find it odd.

I think that the lack of competition makes them not have to worry about it. There are some things that only MSA carries, so if you need it...what can you do! But I agree. I have some bad service from MSA. I have also had good service, but the bad taste lasts a lot longer than the good taste, and the bad taste seems to be more prevalent.

Tim

Guest 4.3L 280z

The only problem I've ever had with them is there dual glasspack exhaust system which made me mad. It was not as easy as it says. I had to bend it and it still doesn't fit right. It also rusted out before I got it on the road(still a month now before that happens). I'm going to a muffler shop and either getting dual exhause(I have the dual header for the L28) or get the same exhaust system only done right.