HybridZ

Different between 240z and 260z?

Guest bOOsted 240Z

Guest bOOsted 240Z

I have a 73 240z but it missing the front bumber, broken wiper motor, and other minor stuff. So I was wondering if I can take parts from the early 260 and put it over to my car. Plus what's the differences between the two?

:hail: Yes you can move the parts from the 260Z to the 240Z. The early model 260Z (thin bumper) is just a 240Z with a bigger motor. Most every thing will change over. You would be surprised to see how much can be changed. If I remember right I think the door glass and it's mech. parts were the only major change to it. The later model 260Z (280Z bumper) has most of of thye body re-enforcement points in it. It is the starting point for the 280Z model. Good Luck, Rich.

Yeah, a lot of parts will interchange but not all. The later 260Z cars had to meet the new US emission and bumper standards. Not only are the bumpers different, they are mounted differently and the car is approximately 1 1/2" higher. I know the dash is also totally different because I had to fit a '73 260Z dash in my '71 240Z.

Guest bOOsted 240Z

One last thing, Is there any differet in gear ratio in the differental?

I have a 73 AT 240Z and this is a 74 260Z. What kind of engine does the early 260Z come with.