HybridZ

ONE FLARE COMPLETE! (PICS)

Guest bigjim240z

Guest bigjim240z

Ok, i finally got some decent weather and spent a good part of the day on this flare. Its all blended and is 99% done, now 3 more to go..lol. needs a bit more sanding up front where the body line is between the door and flare. here are some pics...if this is the first time you are seeing my pics of the flares do a search in this forum, there are plenty more. 240z_work_099.jpg240z_work_096.jpg240z_work_097.jpg240z_work_098.jpg

the car is mine and jim is doing the work for me..as far as tire size i would like to stay with a 16"rim but will have to probably go to a 17" for better tire selection.the car will be painted a 2003 mazda miata black cherry mica..anyone thinking of painting there car should look at the mazda rx8 and miata colors they are fantastic!!I almost changed to the red because of the color..go see these colors in person and you will see what i mean..pics do no justice to these..Jim is doing a great job and putting alot of effort..hopefully what i have selected for this car will look alright...I like these flares ecause they are unique...any way thanks again jim for the work...phillip

Guest bigjim240z

thanks for the kind words. i am seriously busting my a$$ on this car. i want it to be stunning with no flaws. this is difficult with a job like this..and the fact that i have never done flares makes it that much harder. i have been doing body work for a long time, but the flares are a first. then on top of everything i have a bad back so i work as long as i can each day.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I'm not a big fan of flares, but that is a very nice job with those. Can you take a 1/4 angle shot from a little ways back to show more of the car?