HybridZ

Quick injector question...

Z-Gad

Damn, I was about to ask the same question!

I have been told both that it does and doesn't matter, depending on how old the injectors are. Something about newer injectors not requiring correct polarity.

To me, since an injector is basically an electromagent, it would matter?

I am not wiring up my injectors until I found out for sure.

Polarity makes no difference with any injector I've ever seen.

Yeap, tried it this afternoon and you are right, it makes not difference on polarity. Strange though, it just seems like it would? :?:

On a side note, finally found some injector clips that actually fit my injectors and wired them up. As soon as I get the silicone removed from the plug on the injector, I should be ready to go!

Polarity makes no difference with any injector I've ever seen.

Yeap' date=' tried it this afternoon and you are right, it makes not difference on polarity. Strange though, it just seems like it would? :?:

On a side note, finally found some injector clips that actually fit my injectors and wired them up. As soon as I get the silicone removed from the plug on the injector, I should be ready to go![/quote']

Actually, because injectors do not contain magnetic elements (underhood temperatures), the pintle (moving part) is simply fabricated out of steel and driven by an electrically powered coil. The pintle moves out of attraction to the magnetic field - it cares not for polarity.