HybridZ

r200 lsd + 280zx turbo cv shafts

Guest tejas74260

Guest tejas74260

as said in the title, these are two items i am frantically looking for. i live in texas, do you think i should go roaming salvage yards for used ones or does anyone know where i can get these? ive seen s14 lsd diffs and turbo 300zx lsd diffs on ebay, but thats about it. are both just as strong as the other? i really need a lot of help on this it would be appreciated. thanks!

-mark

Depending on your budget and intended buildup you could go with a quaife LSD setup (most preferred, then clutch then viscous for road track effectiveness/direct feedback). Quaife's can be had for R200's, a package on my site for full build that has worked great for those that have chosen it to date. As well you can use 280ZXT 6 bolt CV's or 300ZX Z31 4 bolt CV's with adaptors I offer, one bulletproof rear setup once done and all very easy install. Just options.

For core parts I've always reccomended Roger at http://www.zbarn.com, mention myself when inquiring, never hurts to remind vendors it's a small world.

Hope that helps.

If you modify the fron mount, you can use R200s from the 240SX which are a dime a dozen here in TX. You have to check to make sure it has the little orange viscous sticker, but I have seen at least 5 in the wrecking yards on Jefferson South of Dallas. You also can do the R230 the same way and I have seen at least 4 of those in the same yards.

Ive heard some of the newer engines dont use gaskets, so they just rtv the crap out of em. Or they are too cheap to get the gasket, so they go for the rtv. For guys that put together some nice stuff, they are sloppy joe with the rtv, Ive seen diff covers with more rtv coming out the sides of the covers than sealing the cover, and its not just in a corner or a spot, its a uniform, 1/2 bead coming out the cover-they seem to only use the orange stuff too.