HybridZ

LS1 Fuel regulator

I am noticing that the LS1 swap is becomming more and more popular. This should help out with the fuel end of the swap. I had a problem with the regulator because i used an LS-1 fbody engine with a 6 cylinder fuel tank.

One thing to keep in mind

Fbody LS-1 fuel pressure regulator is in the fuel tank

Corvette LS-1 has a return line at the rail Pre 99

Corvette 99-newer uses a fuel filter regulator mounted after the tank before the rail

Fbody 6 cylinder tank has a fuel return line from the rail.

S&P sells a nice new product that lets using any EFI tank with the Fbody fuel rail, and still maintains a return line.

Fuel Regulator/Filter is priced lower than having to buy a converted fbody rail

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/PRODUCTS/lssinglefuelkit.html

I had to use this setup because i was running appx 79 psi at the fuel rail. Making the computer send p0172 and p0175 codes Fuel rich bank 1 & 2

I am using a regulator mouted at the fire wall, all of the extra fuel is sent back to the tank. The fuel set up for the LS1 is not that hard, just take time to get the right parts. The only reason that GM put the reg back by the tank was to cut down on emmisions. I wanted to have the return close to the motor so that the fuel is a little cooler.

Thanks for the info.

I never said it was hard to connect the fuel system. The point was to prevent mistakes that I made with my conversion. My fuel lines around exhaust and hot points is covered with insulation and topped with sheet metal to keep everything kewl.

If I was at the beginning of the conversion such as you I would do the return closer to the motor. i thought that there was a regulator in the tank like i had read in the GM service manual. I assumed the V-6 was the same way but i was wrong. I converted and removed one hard line and used the return line for the EVAP canister. It would be going out of my way and more expensive to return the fuel from the rail.

FYI

I will be visiting the Ref up their in concord. He has already passed one other LS1 smog legal conversion. :wink:

• 4 years later...
Guest zerotrust

I hope that no one is paying that outragous price from S&P for that corvette

regulator. To find it all you have to do is search for corvette fuel filter on

EBAY and you can get them for 20 to 30 dollars. You could even get them

from autozone or any auto store. Just ask them for a corvette fuel filter.

They are not filed under corvette fuel regulator for some reason. I went to

S&P sight and blew there picture up and ordered the part number off theres.