HybridZ

Roadblock..

Guest Zachb55

Guest Zachb55

How am i supposed to tune my Z when i have no tach? i mean its there and it has been not working lately, im not sure what is causing it to freak out, but it pegs as soon as i turn the key to ON and no one here has been able to come up with a solution so im not sure what to do. My Synchrometer is coming soon and i have no way of reading the RPMs off the engine. will this make it really hard to tune the carbs? i figured i would just wing it. no one can think of any tips on how to get my Tach back into line? well hopefully this has happend to others that fixed it. help me if you can, please! thanks,

-Zach

Guest Zachb55

hmm, yeah, ive checked, double checked, and tripple checked every lead into that tach and they are all reading what they should be, so it leads me to believe something internal is malfunctioning. i will probably just go try a napa one for now, cause i cant see going through with the tuning process without knowing. i have a timing light also, not sure if it has a tach though, ill check on that. thanks for the tips, ill look around for the article you talked about also, see if i can find a common fix for this, which is what im still hoping for.

-Zach

On my 77 280z the fuel guage fuse (5a) went out and rendered the tach useless until I replaced the fuse. Just check the basics (wiring, grounds) before you start any major tach rebuilding or swap projects...

N/M I just read your last post...

You should probably take your tach apart and figure out what's wrong...