HybridZ

ZG hardware??

Guest Drewz

I know about the use of VW welting but other than rivets what have you guys used to mount the flares. I have them lined up and marked for install but need to find some hardware for next weekends final "DOER UP"... 8)

What I have found locally were stainless cap screws like you mentioned but have a small washer also cast into the head to help disperse the pressure. What do you think? I am also contemplating having the cap screws or whatever anodized red like the body color is going to be since the flares are going to be satin black. Comments John, anyone?

Drew, I am in the same boat as you and will be bolting on the ZG flares. I think the latter hardware you mentioned is better, so long as it will fit the recess in the flare. John Miwa (Jumbo240Z) has some ZGs, but they are riveted on. I'd rather bolt mine on just so I can easily remove them if I ever need to.

Davy

Thhose ones I mentioned just fit into the recesses perfectly. I want the removeable option too and don't like the rivets especially since my fenders are fiberglass.

on those flares, do you remove any material from the metal fenders, or are these ZG flares just for looks ?

i am considering the small fiberglass flares at MSA. my z has rust on the dog legs and the bottom of the front fenders. i have the metal parts to repair the dog legs as well as new metal rocker panels. the front fenders, i can remove and fix, though i do have 2 brand new metal datsun front fenders in my garage.

wayne

so, with the ZG flares, you might trim ? i've never really paid much attention to the ZG flares as i never really cared for em, but now, they are growing on me. especially, as they are simple bolts on, like any other cladding. never noticed if anyone trimmed the metal or just bolted em in place.

for sure, i would trim if using the glass on flares.

how do you think the flares, the small ones from MSA, would look on a stock height 240, with 14x7 wheels ( brand new Konig pana sports or minilites look a likes ) ? thinking of running 225/60-14 tires. think it would hookey at stock height ?

currently have 280z wheels and stock hub caps, 205/70-14 T/A's.

wayne

no idea what's going on. the message i was typing disappeared as i was typing.

no, sorry, not in Canada. i'm in san jose ca. 20 miles north of santa cruz beach and boardwalk.

yeah, it's showroom, that it was suggested i avoid. i wanted to buy the california z kit. contacted them and sick in australia. even with shipping, was cheaper to buy from aus. i traded several messages with them. when i asked about the quality, i never heard from them again.

was gonna buy from show case, but was strongly advised by about 6 people to avoid doing business with them.

so, instead used the money to buy a used G4 dual processor 1.25 Ghz machine, to replace my 5 year old imac ( yes the original imac ).

The Cal-Z kit they sell comes from California they don't produce it themselves. THats what they told me anyways. Like the Calz kit but they dicked around so I went another route.