HybridZ

PROBLEMS with turbo install!!!

Ok I got all of my turbo stuff on my Z. I have the wireing harness installed as well. At first I saw that I installed the turbo dizzy 180deg out. So I fixed that. The Z still will not run worth a crap. It will crank and sputter then die. Am I supposed to install the turbo igniter? I had a buddy tell me he had it installed on his Z. I also have a MSD 6AL too. I really dont know what else to do here. Any suggestions??

also sounds like a problem i had with mine.

it would crank and then run for a split second before it would die. turns out that a FI relay housing was not properly grounded causing the cold start injector to spray only while cranking.

When I first installed the wiring harness I wanted to make sure it would run first so i just set the harness and relays down on the floor instead if bolting them to thier bracket. It took me way too much time to trouble shoot all the FI parts until I finally took a look at the wiring diagram just to notice that little (earth) mark drawn from a relay.

I broke out the test lead and grounded the case. after that it started and ran purrfectly.

just another thing check.