HybridZ

LT1 Conversions

Ok... I blew the budget, changed my plan for about the hundreth time {Hey, I've got three sets of front disks and two sets of rears and four hoods) and dumped the 350TPI I've assembled for an '96 LT1 out of a Camaro. I take delivery Monday and I'm suffering a little from buyer's remorse. Here's one of my problems: I will run a/c but would like to know how some of you solved what appears to be interferance with the a/c compressor and the "frame" rail of the Z. I've searched this forum and have not seen any cure other than corvette brackets. This is going in with JTR mounts into a '70 Z. Any help would be appreciated. Along with the "let's trash the plan" attitude to purchasing power, I now have a complete, new, unused in plastic bags, and (given my LT10 totally unusable TPI wires from Ron Francis Wire Works. If anyone is interested in stealing these from me, check out his web site and give me an offer.

Part of the reason I can't stay on my plan is that I lurk this great site. The ideas just get better and better (Yea, I've also got three sets of CV axles and just when I get settled in my ways, somebody shows up with good and, then, better adapters for 280z stubs. Any one want to buy a set of 240 stub, complete with new bearings? Ah, such is life!

i put a 94 lt1 into a 66 nova.with a/c.best investment was gm manual-it will help you wire it and you will understand the trouble codes when it is done.for brackits i got the system from street& performance.this is polished billit street rod stuff-but is the best.best throttle cables & dipsticks come from lokar.engine has d-shaped exhaust port.sanderson & street & performance make shorty headers but i dont know about fit in a z.if you want a bigger cam try tpis-they have done a lot of work on lt1.

I've been reading posts at this site expounding upon the virtures of planning, budgeting, and implementing. Great threads, but I shop JYs the same way any 14 year old valley girl shops malls. In my next life I'll own a reallly big yard somewhere in outer AZ or NV where the only customers will be those who are willing to drive a few hundred miles to see rust free iron. Thanks for the post re: vette brackets.

gw