HybridZ

This is really COLD!!!

Guest TM240Z

Not fun anymore. -42 this morning. Tires are square, seat is hard as a rock, oil has the same consistancy as fudge. :lol:

I took a picture for some of you warm weather folks.

album_pic.php?pic_id=190

Keeps the mosquitos to a minimum. :D

Guest goldraven

well, i guess if you live up there -42 is childs play...but...100 degree days there, all those damn canadians are jammed in AC buildings. Personally, i cannot handle -42.

I feel for you guys as I wake up and have coffee in the morning on my porch at 5:00 am and read the news paper. 55 deg In Phoenix AZ. High today of 72 deg.. might get some rain though... :oops:

Dave

Do they use celsius or fahrenheit in canada? Not that it matters in this case because about the only thing I remember between the two scales is that they cross at -40. And I though We were having problems here in holland. They gave out an official weather warning this evening. apperently we get more 10 cm (4 inches) of snow tonight. :shock:

We use celsius. It is -63 with the windchill right now. I closed the shop and went home as noone is coming around anyways. Its gonna be another week till I can finish the body mods in my garage, heater or no heater..... :oops:

Not too long ago, I saw a show on the Discovery Channel about the British Royal Marines cold weather training course. These are some tough hombres. Part of the course involved being dropped off in rural Scotland in the dead of winter (just like the picture above) with little more than a light jacket and some pants. You are expected to live off the land for about a month, make your own clothes from whatever you could find, etc. One day, one of the instructors snuck into camp and stole their boots. When the month was over, a helicopter came to pick them up. They all thought they were being taken back home for some R and R. Instead, they were given new orders while in the air and taken to someplace like Norway. No wonder their website says: "99% need not apply". Of course, recently they were sent to chilly Iraq, where a lot of them died in helicoptor crashes-what a waste of good soldiers.