HybridZ

Need help choosing fuel system for sbc

zeeboost

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, but when I search the archives all of the matches just come up for Zs with the stock 6-bangers. I'm wondering if somebody could give me advice or at least direct me to a link to help me out here. I'm trying to find the pros and cons of TBI or a good carburetor for my sbc 350. I would like to stay with a carb, but if it's going to cause a lot of trouble in the long run then I might as well go with TBI.

If any of you have any links or can help please reply. And yes, I'm 100% sure this has been discussed before, I just can't seem to find it. Maybe I need to learn how to use the search function better :roll:

I've had my eyes on the Holley 670 Street Avenger for a while...does that have a pretty good rep? I've always heard to go with Holley (mostly from my redneck cousins though) for their easy tuning and reliable quality. The only things is I'm more familiar with the Bosch EFI system on the Zs than carbs b/c I've never really dealt with them in the past. Thanks for the tip btw.

if you want NO hassles, go eldebrock carb

Heh, that's why I have to get another carb -- the Edelbrock 600 on there is crap, and it's only a couple of months old. It had the a/f ratio so messed up that there was tons of white smoke would constantly pour out of the v8. I tried adjusting it, cleaning it...I even took it to a mechanic who's been working with those for over 30 years and he told me I'd be better off just buying a new one, although he never told me which brand.

I've always liked their Quadrajet before, but now after this I think I'm going to give Holley a shot. Sorry, I know my opinion is biased and I shouldn't let one bad apple ruin the rest of them, but I don't want to have to go through this crap again.