HybridZ

Got my hands on all of zcar magazine issues today

auxilary

loaned to me courtesy of DavyZ. He got most of them with his old 260 from the previous owner, all mags in excellent shape. I'm going to scan them in as time allows, format the scans and maybe put it in pdf format on a cd.

question: since the magazine is no longer in production, is it acceptable/legal for me to sell the CDs with multiple issues on them to people interested? This wouldn't be for profit, but more to cover costs of time spent scanning, formatting, organizing, touching up (because that takes a LONG time!)

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I believe the copyright still holds up even if they are no longer in production (unless it has expired) I believe that the copyright expires after a given amount of time. Otherwise you would have to pay them royalties. However, I believe only certain content in the magazine is actually copyrighted because of the type of publication that a magazine is. I will check with my Grandpa as he is a member of a book writers' club and has access to some publishers that may be able to answer that question.

BTW, PDF is one good way to build it, but you might consider doing it in an HTML format or similar to avoid some of the problems of PDF (specifically rediculous load times, excessive file size, and difficulty of navigation). Ooh, or maybe even DVD :-)

I'd be interested in helping with the project if you need some assistance.

Copyrights last for 95 years from publication for corporations, or the authors lifetime plus 70 years for individuals.

You will have to obtain permission from the copyright holder until the copyright has lapsed.

Thanks to the Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998. Seriously. Yes, that's the guy who crashed into the tree.