HybridZ

2001 T56 Slave Cylinder???

I think Mike missed the fact that you've got a 2001 T56.

To answer your question, Yes, you must separate the motor and trans. Slave is inside.

Buy a McLeod 3/4 master (got mine from Sunnit for something like $30). Modify your slave

SlaveCylT56LS1Mod3.jpg

The drill and tap sizes will depend on the fitting you use. I just used a fitting that I happened to have lying around and then matched it up to a tap and then used the appropriate drill. Woulda been better to have used a longer fitting. I retained the little rubber O ring in there.

I updated my page (linked to that pic above) with all this info.

It's really a very screwy design. Lots of the FBody guys have problems with clutch engagement - even on stockers. GM has had to tweak it every year (98, 99, 2000, 01).

Normally, In order to actually adjust clutch engagement, you just mess with the setup of the (externally mounted) slave. With this design retardation, you have to pull the trans, remove the entire clutch, get a Press and the appropriate donut shaped steel doodad, and press down on the thing and then adjust these fingers on the clutch. Then put it all back together and hope for the best. :rolleyes: