HybridZ

If you had the money?

Guest Pegasus76

IF I kept it to a Z, it'd be my 240Z, with a C5 suspension front and rear, C5 6 spd transaxle, Lingenfelter 427 LS6 w/Twin Turbos.

Other than that, I'd just buy a McLaren F1 and be done with it.

I like the idea of buying your own interstate - no tickets!

Regarding the C5's powertrain....as a transplant-did anyone see "Camaro Performers" magazine? I believe this mag is a quarterly issued mag.

Anyway, they did a good write up on a shop up north where that shop's specialty is installing the C5's 'complete' powertrain into a 69 Camaro.

I found it rather interesting. The magazine has a white 69 Pace Car on the front cover w/two 69's; orange & yellow behind it. Its got some good pictures: for you 'do it yourself fabricators' out there who are contiplating this exotic swap-you should check it out.

Haven't been to his site-but the article gave: http://waynedue.com

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by Pegasus:

hahah Thanks a lot for your opinions guys...I have an old 650 holly I believe with a weland stealth so far...I am looking to get maybe an Edelbrock intake (I hear those are good) and since I don't exactly have the money or time to provide my beast with Fuel injection..I was thinking more of the Street Avenger and a fatty cam to provide me with some low in Torque...haven't decide which one yet smile.gif I already have aluminum heads so I figure I will leave those on till further down the road...The T-5 seems to be doing good with the 3.545 gears outta the stock differential...Besides, I wouldn't even know how to get the T-56 in there smile.gif Not that experienced wit hthe cars yet *rubs the back of his neck* :rolleyes: But anyway..Thanks for the opinion guys, I like knowing I can always count on the Z brethren for any suggestions or opinions! thanks 2thumbs.gif

I think a few missed your point on 'performance parts' if money were no object, not which car if money was no object. At any rate, I'd go with like a victor junior manifold since you already have the aluminum heads your good there. I'd put something like a comp cams magnum 270 cam heres the specs off summit racing:

Specifications:

* Advertised duration: 280 intake/280 exhaust

* Duration at .050 in. cam lift: 230 intake/230 exhaust

* Gross valve lift: .520 in. intake/.520 in. exhaust

* Lobe separation: 110 degrees

* RPM range: 2,000 to 6,000

* Rough idle

I'd use the holley carb but as soon as you could afford it I'd look at a 700 or 750 cfm holley DP mech secondary carb. Doing those things should really wake up your 350 if its got cast parts on it winging it to 6k all the time is probably going to takes its toll on it at some point. But you could lower the rpm to 5500 and use the next grind down in cam probably. You should see about 400 hp doing those things depending on your compression. If the motor is tired though, I'd really think about having the bottom rebuilt before putting to much pressure on it with more hipo goodies. With that sort of HP it'll hurl a Z down the road real well. Thats of course just my seat of the pants engine hop up I'd do, Grumpy could probably tell you the best bang for buck upgrade wise on cam selection and intake, those things are going to give the engine its power considering you already have the heads. Good luck with it.

Regards,

Lone