HybridZ

Could I get some help with these turbo specs?

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

Hmm... ok, I got this IHI turbo from a buddy for $0. It is from a 6.5 turbo diesel chevy.

I've mic'ed the wheels to and came up with the following:

Compressor wheel is exactly the same as a V-trim T04B. The housing has 3" inlet, and 2.5" discharge(those are the hose sizes that would fit). I don't know the compressors a/r. The entire snail is about the same size as my T04B rotomaster hi-flo .85 a/r, but I don't think it is THAT big.

The turbine housing is about the same size as a stock Nissan T3(at least that's all I have to compare it to). The turbine wheel demensions are 2.12" exducer, and 2.41" major. The exducer is the same size as a Stage 2 T3, the major is slightly smaller than the stage 2 though.

I wish I could find some info on the A/R's but it seems that stuff isn't available.

Guest JAMIE T

Care to elaborate? Is it big enough for your application? does it spool as well as you'd like it to?

Your sig says you've got 313whp? So that's what, something like 370 crank? Your torque numbers are incredible!

The WG on this is much better than the Nissan T3, more like the WRX wastegate. The DP opening is about 4"x2.5" oval.

Guest JAMIE T

See, that's what interested me about this turbo... The compressor is big compared to the turbine. I am told the A/R for the turbine is between .63 and .82. It has a T3 flange. It's not nearly as big as most "BIG" diesel turbo's I've seen. Interestingly, The newer dodge cummins diesels have Holset turbos that the turbo ford 4cyl guys are using also. This turbo is so much like a T3/T4 hybrid. The compressor isn't as large as my .85 a/r Rotomaster Hi-Flo, but it is bigger than many I've seen. The turbine is only slightly larger than my stock nissan T3. Not physically, but internally, the snail diameter is alittle bigger. It is nothing like older diesel turbos.