HybridZ

500 cid Cadillac engine

Guest Pat

I'm sure its realitively doable..

I've an magazine article with a 260 with a 496 rat motor 900hp and 1200 with nitrous...

Guy claimed though he was going through diffs, he was still running a stock R180 :shock:

He was straightlining it...

He was in southern Georgia if I recall.. Atlanta area...... looked mean as hell..

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I save the stump pulling for my truck :roll:

If you wanted a straight line drag-racer it might be a good idea.

Try browsing the forums for questions like this. Cadillac is GM and thus would fit under the Chevy V8Z board.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drahgonking

some basic info on cadillacs 500cid 10to1 compression stock cam cast iron exhaust rated 400hp 550lbft of torque max rpm stock valve train 5500 (MAXIMUM TORQUE SPECIALITIES).(http://WWW.500CID.COM). has headers.and mount kits (would have to be made to fit zcar. they fit gm intermediates). sanderson headers. makes cad block hugger headers. also stock cad weighs 40 lbs more than a sb chevy. edelbrock makes a performer intake for the 500 cad. and carbs to fit there intakes. holley double pumpers work. MTS also has stroker kits for the 500cad i think you can get about 525cid kit. they also make adjustable roller rocker kits for the cad. they have adapters for 429/460 intakes to the cad. that means with a little work you could put a blower that fits a 429/460 engine on the cad. also 429/460 valve cover adapters for the cad. unblown without nitrous, you can figure about 650 hp 650lbft torque on one carb. and it would weigh the same as a stock cast iron 350 chevy and it fit in datsun better than the sb chevy. been there done this