HybridZ

Yet another EMS question, enlighten me!

BillZ260

Seeing all of these computer questions makes me wonder how much work it would be hooking one up to a 2.3 turbo coupe/svo motor. Does this stand alone EMS unit come with it's own new sensors and all that stuff? Or do you have to hook the original stuff to the new computer. What abou tall the vacume lines and all that. Can you get rid of 90% of them like on a regular carb engine where you would really just need one for the brakes and one for the timing? I really have no clue, this might not be the place to start, should I hit up the Ford guys? I was wondering how much work and what all is possible. Just to keep options open really. Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...
Guest 744gleti

depends on your level of aptitude with wiring, and relative paitience

from a hooking up stand point, its pretty much as simple as replacing the wiring harness and letting rip. some sensors might need to be changed and you'll more than likely be ditching the afm(if its got one).

The real time clencher with EMS is in the tuning.. spect to spend lots of time here, but it pays off big.