HybridZ

400 small block 4 bolt main

i don't know hos odd this sound but at our shop we just had an old chevy wagen come in that a guy wants to sell for $700 he just wanted to sell it in front of our shop. and we also run the numers on it to see what it was.

it came up as a 400 small block with a 4 bolt main.

an it was limited production engine.

some one should junp on it. i think he will take less than 700 maybe too.

Sorry Warren but this is in the wrong area. Should probably be moved down the page a little to the non tech section because it doesn't belong here in the Chevy V8Z section.

***Pete I think you were probably right in an earlier post where you suggested moving the Chevy V8Z Tech Board down the page a little :D

I hope Grumpyvette will chime in here, but I believe that most racers would rather use the two bolt block and put splayed caps on it.

Barring that, they'd rather just have the 2 bolt instead of the 4 bolt. Something about the webbing being stronger that the splayed caps don't compromise I think....?

I can't remember where I picked this up, I've always been a 351C/429/460 Ford Fan myself.

I will have to say this one rides the fence on which forum - someone interested in a 400 block would surely like to hear about it, but it is indeed relatively rare nowadays to find one. If it hasn't been OB'd it would be a find - 4 bolts or not!

I say give him the benefit of the doubt Flash... :lol:

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

yes, non-tech forum would be correct, as per the rules of the buy/sell/trade forum, if you are listing something that you are not selling then it belongs in the non-tech forum.

any idea how many miles are on the engine? that might get some interest too. Where is boothbay?