HybridZ

What should I do next to my car have a $ 1000.00

DAT240Z

I have a 240zt with a all stock system running 10 psi of boost the car have had some work done but still need a few thing like fixing some rust, a paint job, and new carpet.

This is what I have done to the car so far.

New brakes front (calipers and pads) back (wheel cylinders and shoes)

Install a bushing kit

New Eiback springs

New struts

5sp tranny

New clutch

New clutch mater cylinder

76 gas tank

LSD

New diff. bushing

Cool air intake

What I would like is some ideas of what I should do next, I have a $1000.00 but not sure what to spend the money on next, would like some help on the best and most efficient things to do next to the car. I do have the intercooler and a 3" exhaust but have not installed them yet, What do you guys thing I should do next to improve the car?

Thanks

Guest bastaad525

you just answered you're own question :)

I would definately get the I/C and 3" exhaust installed, lot's of power to be had from those, and get a better fuel pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator installed as well so you'll be able to make sure you're getting enough fuel for the higher volume of denser air you'll be flowing. Those four things, turn up the boost a couple psi (12-13psi if you dont want to torture your turbo), hell... you could even leave it set at 10psi.. and you'd still notice a HUGE difference in power. Take it to a dyno shop so you can tune the fuel pressure though and be sure you're not too lean on top. Doing all that will probably net you around 40-50hp at the wheels, and will also put you right about at the limit of what the stock injectors are gonna put up with. It should also run quite a bit less than the $1000 you've got to spend. I've heard $200-400 for I/C installs, look into buying you're own mandrel bent sections of pipe to save money here, then another $200 tops to just weld up your exhaust assuming you have ALL the piping and it just needs to be welded. Fuel pump will run you $100-200, install yourself, and pressure regulator $50-150. So total would be from $550-950 for everything.

You'll then probably start to notice that you're brakes aren't quite up to the task of stopping your suddenly much faster car anymore :twisted: and may want to look into upgrading them, at least the fronts, but that's a whole nuther project and can be pretty expensive too, probably wont have enough money left over to do that unless you're doing it yourself with junkyard parts... but at least now you know what to start saving for next :)

Well, I would say fix the rust and paint it first.. it runs and drives fine right? And the stock turbo set up would be pretty quick as it is ( I assume...) So it's a toss up... BUT! (ther's always a but!) The catch here is if you can't do body work yourself, then the $1000 isn't gona go very far in regards to rust/paint work. and if going faster is your goal, Bastaad's aproach is probly the way to go.