HybridZ

now i can do whatever i want!

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I officially joined the ranks today of those who can do whatever they want to their cars! I bought my first welder.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44567

Seems to be a good little unit, uses the flux core wire, which is supposed to be a cleaner weld.

I cant wait to get started, tomorrow I am going to try welding the exhaust pipes on my truck. Nothing too difficult, the pipes are held together with clamps right now, but they arent sealed very well. Next will probably be some custom mounts for a different gas tank. 18 gallons of gas behind my back only guarded by the back of a seat doesnt feel very safe. :roll:

I'm so excited, this is even better than when I got my first roll of duct tape and bottle of super glue! :rockon:

By saying you just got the welder I assume then that you are a novice welder like myself. My only advice is to leave the exhaust work until you have some experience in general and with your particular machine. its not hard to make mistakes with thin metal. And fun, its a blast when you first get it!

Flux core is NOT cleaner.

Maybe he meant' date=' CLEANER THAN A STICK WELDER. :?[/quote']

I wouldn't say cleaner, just a bit more precise. It creates slag just like an arc welder.

Have fun...welding is great! Once you get the hang of it, you will be spending more time just thinking of what you can build, just so that you can weld something :D