HybridZ

Source for R200 4:11 with 12mm r/g bolts?

JMortensen

Starting to think that when I do my Jermio/BlueOvalZ/jmortensen rear link I should change my rear gear ratio. I want to go to at least a 4:11, possibly a 4:38. I just figure this is the time to do it since I'll have the whole back end of the car apart.

I've got the 300ZX LSD, which has 12mm ring gear bolts (17mm head). Anyone know where I can get a low ratio diff with a matching ring gear. RossC says SOME '87 200SXT's had the larger bolts.

The other option is to use a sleeve on the ring gear bolts. Ross says this is possible for him to do, but he would need a bunch of people to go to the trouble, and I think I might be able to make spacers or have them machined locally. Best option would be to find the right diff, and not have to mess with spacers.

Not in a big hurry, just curious if anyone knows of a potential donor. I really don't want to buy gears from Nissan and go through the setup if I don't have to, but I have access to all the tools and the know how if I need to go that route.

Jon