HybridZ

Anyone done business with these guys (not Z related)well Z28

Tim240z

Well not Datsun Z related, this is for my Z28 (94). At 90k, it's definitely time to change out the shocks/struts, but not with OEM.

Anyone heard anything about these guys? Their feedback looks very good:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2461775412&category=33590

or

http://www.suspensionmax.com/Products.htm.

I'd love to put on a set of Bilsteins, but can't really see spending the $$$ for a daily driver. Otherwise, maybe the KYB AGX?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2460134259&category=33590

I know there a few guys with LT1 Camaros out there...any words of wisdom....

Tim

You'll be happy with the Bilsteins and if you have original shocks/struts with 90K on them you'll be like. :shock:

I'm not sure if you're aware but the front struts on our cars collect water at the top of the strut and rust the top nut very nicely. You can't get to it before you take it off so there is no soaking it prior to disassembly. Just wail on it with an impact and of course if it breaks no big deal because you're putting on new struts. Just thought I would give you a word of warning though.

A spring compressor is necessary at least for reassembly. It's optional on disassembly according to some people but I don't trust releasing the spring while it's still under compression. I use a spring compressor for disassembly as well just to be safe.

• 1 month later...
You'll be happy with the Bilsteins and if you have original shocks/struts with 90K on them you'll be like. :shock:

Well, I finally got the new Bilsteins in. What a PITA to get the old ones out. The front right: had to remove the brake master to get at the torx head bolt!!

But what a difference!!! Well worth the $$ and effort. It's like a whole new car!! Thanks for the advise, Jeff!!

BTW AJUSA is great to deal with !! Their prices are great, and service is fantastic!! They shipped the wrong rears (shipping guy must be dyslexic, transposed a 9 with a 6 on the part number)....everyone makes mistakes, but it's how they deal with the mistake that sets them apart. They shipped out the new ones same day overnight with a shipping lable to ship back the wrong ones.

Tim

Well' date=' I finally got the new Bilsteins in. What a PITA to get the old ones out. The front right: had to remove the brake master to get at the torx head bolt!!

But what a difference!!! Well worth the $$ and effort. It's like a whole new car!! Thanks for the advise, Jeff!![/quote']

Oh yeah I forgot about the need to remove the master cylinder and yes I agree what a PIA. I'm glad you like them though and they are far superior to the original GM ones.

It looks like I may make it out for the MSA show so I look forward to seeing your car and meeting you.