HybridZ

Best suspension and brake combination

Guest hybrid383

Guest hybrid383

How many hours will it take to get everything done? and many days will it take from start to finish!!

Can you have a final bottom line number to get everything done!! Please advise

Thanks

:lol:

2,000 hours and 360 days for a total cost of: $70,000.00, not including materials. I'm probably a bit high on the estimate, but we'll see.

There's no way I can give an accurate estimate on something like this and if you ask Amir (demon) he'll say I can't even give an accurate estiamte on how long it would take me to piss. It will take however long it takes and no more or no less.

Perfect example was a car I just finished. I sold a customer my old BSP race engine and he wanted it swapped into his 1971 240. OK, seems simple enough. Well, he also wanted the MSA 6 into 1 headers and the 2.5" turbo exhaust installed too. Fine, should be no big deal.

Well, it was. Seems the PO of the car had swapped in a 620 pickup 5 speed which puts the tail shaft up higher by about 1". That points the header collector directly at the trans crossmember so you can't slide the exhaust on. 4 more hours of work, a $18 90 degree bend, etc. and the exhaust is on the car.

Any time you work on a backyarded 30 year old car crap like this will pop up. T & M only unless I've done the job a couple times before AND I get a real good look at the customer's car.

Guest hybrid383

Hello John,

I totally understand what you are talking about!! But, I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, it is more like a wooden spoon with splinters. If you can give me a good estimate that is not written in stone, then I can see if my budget will allow me to do it now or a few months later. I know that there is alway something that will come up and make things harder!!

Please advise if you can.

Thanks

There's no way I can give an accurate estimate on something like this and if you ask Amir (demon) he'll say I can't even give an accurate estiamte on how long it would take me to piss. It will take however long it takes and no more or no less.

Hah! That's pretty much accurate ;) What I can safely say though is that of all the fabricators I have used over the years John's work is second to none. There is probably not a single other person in the world who I would rather have work on my car from a quality and care standpoint - his work has been top notch for me and I can do nothing more than recommend him wholeheartedly.

With regards to Dave @ Arizona Z car - he has been incredibely supportive and helpful many months since I bought his parts. I purchased his Wilwood brake kit, solid diff mount, and aluminum radiator and have to say they are all superb quality parts and Dave has been exceptionally helpful throughout. Sure you can probably piece this stuff together for alot less money, but knowing its actually put together by someone who tests and has used this stuff in this application is well worth the added cost in my opinion.

Erik Messley recommended the Koni double adjustable shocks to me with his caster/camber plates. Again, this setup is not particularly cheap and probably unnecessary for a mostly street car. When I first began my SR20 260Z project it was a "street/track car", then it was a "track/street car" and now is strictly a track car. I don't believe its possible to reach an acceptable compromise and it's definitely something worth thinking about before you even think about doing any mods. Of course having another car or two will help if you intend to do what I did.

Guest hybrid383
To me the "best" suspension would be

Advance Design front struts with 375lb springs

C4 rear end with guldstrand arms' date=' Aldan or QA1 shocks with 400lb in springs']

Where can I get a C4 rear end or what car has a C4 rear end?

Sorry, :?

I think the guys meant C4 rear end from a C4 Vette, right?

Can you use the following C4 rear end: :?

This DANA 36 diff and complete rear suspension came in automatic corvettes 84-92. Includes sway bar & Bilstein shocks. It is 3.08/1 ratio.

Please advise

Thanks, :roll:

Guest zline
To me the "best" suspension would be

Advance Design front struts with 375lb springs

C4 rear end with guldstrand arms' date=' Aldan or QA1 shocks with 400lb in springs']

Where can I get a C4 rear end or what car has a C4 rear end?

Sorry, :?

I think the guys meant C4 rear end from a C4 Vette, right?

Can you use the following C4 rear end: :?

This DANA 36 diff and complete rear suspension came in automatic corvettes 84-92. Includes sway bar & Bilstein shocks. It is 3.08/1 ratio.

Please advise

Thanks, :roll:

Alright buddy..thats teh only Corvette C4(generation) rear end there is. It's pretty damn sweet and should save you about 85lbs.

There's only one person I would suggest do this mod and only because he has a degree in metallurgy, i've known him forever, i trust my ass to him, and he's put a C4 rear end in about any car you can think of.

A large problem most encounter is the top arm knuckles will bind with the hubs when you shorten the axles so you need to shorten the top crossbar mount in relation to the now shorter axle length.

You'll also need shorter arms for the 4-Link rear end. These can be had from VB&P (Vette Brakes & Performance) or my personal prefrence...Guldstrand performance out in Burbank. You're in LA. If you want PM me and i'll send yous ome more details.

I wouldnt recommend this mod if you just want heavy street..

Guest hybrid383

Does anybody know what is the big differences between outlaw and AZZ. The cost between the two are very large!! Please advise. :)

I bought the C4 rear end and I will be doing the mods before the end of the year!! :D Still looking for quotes on get the project done(John thank you for your quote!!). I just bought another R200 until the project gets to the point where I have to swap the rear end. I will be using coil over and tokico ill. (A few weeks ago I have purchased kyb,but I will use them until the C4 goes in!!)For now I also purchased 280zx rear disk and will use them until the C4 rearend goes in also. Last Friday I also purchased a fuel cell and that will be going into the car within the next month or so!!! :o I have seen a few ways on the forum I will be copying!! I am looking for a good set of race seats and found some cheap set on ebay for $170.00. If anybody has any good suggestion, please advise. :roll:

Thanks again for all the support I have been getting from hybridZ. When I finally get everything done, I will be posting pictures.

:-D