HybridZ

C5 Corvette Clutch replacement...

Mikelly

I'm gonna start the clutch replacement on the C5 this morning and I plan to take pics start to finish for a future tech article on one of the Vette sites... However, I will let you guys know where I post the pics... i think there are parts we could use on the Z project cars...

Plus, I think it is important from an aerodynamics theory standpoint for some of you guys to see how they achieved the top speed numbers with a production (high numbers produced at that!) showroom car...Lots of interest by some members concerning belly pans, chin spliters and other designs... This will show you how chevy cleaned up the underbody of their "Supercar"...

Stay tuned... 8)

Mike

I should have taken pictures of the Viper ACR while we were getting the Cobra tuned.

Funny coincidence though, because it seems the Cobra clutch decided to take a crapper too. I guess the extra 100+ HP and torque really takes a toll on some of the stock pieces.

Actually, come to think of it, I have video of the belly pan and reason why Vipers sound so bad.

Sorry for the thread high-jack, but I really wanted to ask if you're going with an aftermarket clutch. If so, what kind?

I'm using the stock Z06 Clutch setup... Supposed to be good for up to 500HP... We'll see...

Car is on the lift, and rear is out... Just been pre-occupied with taking stuff off the MR2 so the insurance company can come get it... We got the word today... It is totalled...

There is a sad young man in my house tonight... A lot weighing on his shoulders. :oops:

Mike 8)

Hopefully that clutch holds up well. I want to see some vids of the car in action. I know I keep saying this, but I really want to come out east and see some things and all the Z cars (and your Vette).

I hope I'm not making it any worse, but at least it was an honest mistake that he made. The other day in the rain I was screwing around in my friend's turbo Volvo and put it into a hill. He was doing anything dumb in the car, just didn't see the car :(