HybridZ

bolting up a 4.11 R200 to a 71 240Z

zredbaron

what do i need in order to bolt up an R200 diff into my 71? ive read a few threads discussing it, but it is unclear as to whether or not it is necessary. i dont have a high hp Z, so no worries there. i have the spicer u joints if that matters.

do i need new halfshalfts/flanges? anything else?

thanks guys.

mark

I feel like I'm responding to every post you put up. Just trying to help.

Anyway, the 280Z and 280ZX NA will bolt right up. No halfshaft issues, no driveshaft issues. You'll need a mustache bar from a 280Z with R200. I think the R180 and R200 mounts are different, but I can't say 100% on that.

If you get the 300ZXT diff, then you need the rear cover, side shafts, and yoke from a 280Z or ZX R200. If you get a 280ZXT then you just need the side shafts, or one of Ross's kits to convert to the CV's, or follow Pete Paraska's instructions on his website http://home.comcast.net/~pparaska/240ZCVHalfshaftConversion.htm if you're ok using the stock 25 spline 240 stub axles.

Jon

PS I think we've pretty much built the same car. PM me if you want to talk about that more, but aside from some minor differences we seem to be on the same page...