HybridZ

280z to 240z turn signal conversion

olie05

I'm planning (soon) to get a front air dam, probably from msa. I am planning on taking off my ugly bumper in the front and leaving the open mouth look. I don' t like any of the aridams I see for the 280z so how hard would it bee to just remove my turn signals (280z) and install some 240z turn signals to fill the holes in the 240z aridam?

This kinda goes out to Mike (on3go) cus I just noticed that you were doing something similar (from the info on your website)

Just an idea for signal lights.. I was in a wrecking yard a few weeks ago and saw something that might work.. it's an old AMC... Pacer maybe? (like in the 'Wanes World' movie) and the front signals look to have the same angle/curves... but they are on the top of the bumper. You'd have to take the left one, flip it over, and put it on the right, and vice-versa. Just a thought. :)

you'll also have to trim some metal to get the 240 air dam to fit. it's not just a matter of bolting a 240 air dam in instead of a 280 one....

Will I end up cutting out the indention for the bumper ends? I was originaly planning on smoothing that over (bondo perhaps?) but if I just cut it off that part of the metal it would be alot easier...

Guest ON3GO

hey man..

ya my 280Z has the 240Z front air dam.. i do this for 2 reasons.. i like the 240z turn signals way more then the 280Z ones and well.. my front mount intercooler wouldnt fit with the 280z brackets in place.

i just drilled out the 2 welds on each turn signal bracket and bam.. no more lights..

i just bought a pair of used 240Z turn signals and all is well.

its very easy to do and worth it.

also i didnt have to trim down any metal on my Z for my air dam. i just cut my air dam in 2 little areas so it will fit nice and ferm against the Z body (no flex or movement). its hard to explain but its easy and you will see when you do it.

mike

I'm planning (soon) to get a front air dam' date=' probably from msa. I am planning on taking off my ugly bumper in the front and leaving the open mouth look. I don' t like any of the aridams I see for the 280z so how hard would it bee to just remove my turn signals (280z) and install some 240z turn signals to fill the holes in the 240z aridam?

This kinda goes out to Mike (on3go) cus I just noticed that you were doing something similar (from the info on your website)[/quote']

another easy way to do it:

1.0 remove the the bottom quarter fender under the headlights by unbolting 4 10mm bolts from the inside.

2.0 go to your local junk yard and try to find a 240z with the quarter fender.

3. then the 240 signal lights