HybridZ

LT1 questions?

Guest Anonymous

Just an opinion on carbing it really. If it comes with all the harness and manifold and sensors, I wouldn't carb it. Way to nice a setup to do that IMHO. Besides that, I'm not sure how the early manifolds would work on it, it not having a regular distributor really.

Regards,

Lone

The only carbureted intake I know of is the GM performance parts one. You cannot use a regular intake for the same reason you can't use the LT1 intake on an older small block without significant mods. I have a pair of LT1s. ! from a 96 SS Camaro with 30k miles on it, CNC aluminum heads, crane rockers, and a crane cam. The other a high(er?) mileage one from a cop car. I only have 1 complete set of accessories, fuel rails, and computer. I bought the GM intake to get the aluminum head motor running in my convertible. Then after that I'll pony up the bucks for a high psi fuel system and DFI. That leaves me the iron head motor and the intake, which will probably wind up in my Z. Lone is right however, if you can keep it FI, I would. The great thing about the LT1 for a Z (actually quite a few of them...)is no distribuor so no need to modify hood latch.

Guest super280z

whats the point? you could have a good running fuel injection system for cheaper than a carb setup would cost you. aside from that w/o the computer you'd need a distributor. believe me as much a pain as the opti is it's nicer to have up front in a z. ;D just MHO.