HybridZ

280ZXT camber setting opinions wanted

I finally pulled off my rear crossmember and control arms and put in new poly bushings and a camber/caster adjustment kit. I also have adjustable front camber poly bushings. The car has Eibach progressive's and tokico blues, 225/45/17 kumho's and a cusco strut bar.

My plan is to take the car to open track events every few months and want the suspension to be set up mostly for "twisties" and so on as opposed to 1/4 mile runs..

Until now it had -1.0 front and -0.1 rear camber, the front felt fine, but the car suffered from a pretty steady turn in oversteer (my rear toe was also slightly off) and would oversteer prematurely :o

Does anyone have any recommendation on initial front and rear camber setting? (I was thinking about -1.0 in rear)

All opinions are welcomed

-1 camber, .2* or .25* toe in total will ease up the lift throttle oversteer. The problem is when you let off the gas the rear comes up, and when the rear comes up the toe goes out. When the toe goes out the butt comes around. I've got lots of 510 friends running the above toe settings happily for autox and track days, although they have more camber. That is also the way we used to set up older 911's (similar semi-trailing arm setup and also notorious for lift throttle oversteer).

Jon

Thanks for the info Jon, I had not thought about the change in toe and to set it in (I was thinking about neutral toe). Both wheels were set out with the old bushings, no wonder the rear was off. I think I may try -1.5 to 2 in the front and -1 camber in rear with the toe slightly in as you suggested. Do you know if the rear toe being slightly in would effect straight line stability in any noticeable way ?