HybridZ

Anyone willing to loan me there jtr book?

Im wanting to make my motor mounts and get some odds and ends ready to go for my 240z/350 project. i have a freind who will make em for free if i had the directions from the jrt book. i know i should just buy it, but i dont really need the whole book (i had a copy a couple years ago and misplaced it). ive been on hybridz for years now and am NOT a new member, somthing happened to my post count when the site was changed over. im trust worthy and would return your book in the same condition. thanks for any help. jim

thanks guys, tim is gona be up in my area this week so ill borrow his book from him and copy everything i may need. i had my own book, but i moved once and cant find it anywhere. as far as photo copying the mount pages and using them as templates, what was the problem? i have a photocopier here at my house, and it makes exact replicas of what it copies. i dont see a problem, but i can be wrong?

Oh common "dot" (and others) yes it 'is' reference material for this board - it's likely why someone went to the trouble of creating that manual. But to suggest posting the whole book? I am amazed that otherwise serious citizens (we hope) would chat up defrauding someone who has gone to the trouble to create a resource for Z-conversions . . . as if 'that' were a big money maker!

Is it because you figure he's ripping you off? Is it because you only need a few of the pages? Is it because you bought it once? That's specious reasoning. I misplaced 10 bucks the other day, should the government give me my 10 bucks back because I was careless and didn't keep up with it?

In fact, the post puts me in mind of the old joke where the guy asks the gal if she's do it for a million bucks and when she says yes quickly asks if she'd do it for 10 bucks. I.e. this discussion is measuring the level at which someone would become a thief (as the girl was judged to be a hooker). Grow up!

Folks, there's no such thing as a free lunch and this discussion demeans the entire Hybrid-Z experience. It's one thing if someone wants to trust that fellow by loaning him their book - there's ample precedence for this as fair use, but to suggest posting the entire book (or otherwise circumventing the law by posting a link) . . . well, that goes too far. I bought the book even though my car has a Scarab conversion for the simple reason I wanted to learn something. Many folks here have bought it and then created an entirely different method of installing their engine!

Yeah, the beer helped a LOT. By the way Jim, I actually started to buy the book twice (I loaned it to a pal and hadn't gotten it back) when out of the blue (after six or eight months or so), my pal found the book again and mailed it back to me. FWIW, I'm "funny" about not asking for something back after I've loaned it (I expect someone to have the same interest in returning what's mine as they had when they asked for it). Hence, I instead simply never loan someone who screws me over anything ever again. In any case, I was prepared to make another purchase and the memory, in part, set me off. I hope you realize I wasn't railing against you for asking to borrow, instead I was aghast at the idea someone would seriously propose ripping off someone's work here in our forum. I pray it was just a momentary brain fart on that fellow's part. We're all a little cheap, but theft isn't within the legitimate realm of being a cheapskate, it's just plain theft.

By the way, in buy/sell/trade someone is offering a JTR book:

http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32274

Dear Mr Beech.

Did you see anywhere in my post that this book should be posted with out copyright dues? Or was it just an assumption on your part in these days of P2P interfaces.

The manual’s original intention was to sell and help install the parts necessary to do the swap. JTR’s parts. I was my wrongful assumption, the real brain fart, that the message could be conveyed in so few words. I thought that, ‘perhaps’ with the permission of the fine people of Jags that Run, the administrators at Hybrids could post in part (or whole) this valuable engineering aid so that they might, in the long run, sell a few more parts. It's called advertizing.

It was never my intention to deprive anyone of their rightful dues for their efforts. I apologise to the fine people of this board if any of them thought other wise.